La Virginia is one of Marbella’s hidden gems. It is a secluded neighbourhood, surrounded by tall trees, yet it is extremely close to the town’s centre.
It is extremely quiet and a great place to visit to escape the crowded locations, especially in the summer. The orange trees with vibrant fruits offer some shade, while a tiny fountain can be found at La Virginia’s main square in front of the church.
- Go to the cinema in Puerto Banús: movies in English and Spanish
- Visit the Hammam in Málaga, a Morrocan bath house
- Visit a current event at the Palacio de Congresos
If it's beach weather, consider taking a stroll on Marbella's boulevard, the 'Paseo Marítimo'
- Go for a hike in the mountains above Marbella
- Go skiing in the Sierra Nevada, a ski resort at just over 2 hours from Marbella
It’s alleys are traditional, colourful and unique. There aren’t many places in Marbella which are so well conserved and hidden, which means it is a great place to go for an afternoon walk. The locals are extremely friendly, except for the cat guarding the church door…